None of us are oblivious to being disappointed. Excuse my French, but shit happens. Even while trying to do all the right things, sometimes conflict seems to come out of nowhere. That’s life right? Although life happens, most of us are taught to make lemonade out of the sour lemons that have been tossed in our direction. And yes that sounds sweet, but what about the feelings of sadness, anger, confusion, and lack of trust deriving from the situations we sometimes find ourselves associated? The recipe for developing pink lemonade doesn’t sound as easy to create? Continue reading
Allowing Myself To Grow In My Truth.
Evolution: the gradual development of something, especially from a simple to a more complex form. ~Dictionary
synonyms: development, advancement, growth, rise, progress, expansion, unfolding
Slow down to ensure you are making wise choices concerning your life.
People seem more active today than ever before. They are always coming and going and if you find yourself in the “rat race,” it may feel like you never get time to slow down. It can be overwhelming, or even all-consuming. You have to stop, take stock of the situation, and choose to do things differently. Continue reading
Love yourself a little more. You deserve it!
Sometimes we are hardest on ourselves, trust me I know. Self-love is an immediate step to living healthy in body and mind. Many times, people make the mistake of putting all of their energy into loving and caring for others. Some suffer from “martyr syndrome” and neglect themselves by always putting others first. It’s critical to know that before you can be the best for others, you need to take care of yourself. Continue reading
Recognizing What Makes Me Happy Daily.
- I love time with my husband.
- I love shopping at Mom’s Organic Market to get my produce.
- I enjoy organizing my personal belongings like my desk and writing materials.
- I love books and journals. I have tons of books and journals.
- I love motivational quotes. A good quote keeps me centered, in particular on a bad day.
- I enjoy family outings with my hubby and kids.
- I love Coffee. I especially love drinking coffee out of inspirational quoted mugs.
- I love vibes of true sisterhood. Real girlfriends make life 10 times more meaningful.
- I love communicating with liked minded people. I love the community centered around Textured Hair. #TeamNatural.
- I enjoy quiet time alone. I often read books during this time.
- I love writing. I write everything down. I write to express my truth.
- I love Starbucks Chia Tea.
- I love shopping at Rue 21, H&M and Forever 21.
- I love Earthtone colors.
- I love being held at night before bed. Yes, I am a big baby.
- I love Oil of Olay Skin Products. My face is so smooth because of my daily regimen. Plus I use it because my Grandma Alice used it faithfully for years.
- I love music. Not many people know I can sing.
- I love Chicken. I literally could eat Chicken every night for dinner.
- I enjoy listening to life stories from the wise.
- I enjoy hanging out with my cousins. It is good to talk, laugh and let my hair down with those who know me best.
- I love helping other people. I know what it is like to struggle and I want to bring hope to the hopeless.
- I am enjoying my health journey. I want to be healthy and beautiful in my 40’s.
- I love Social Media. I have connected with some amazing people online.
When I first decided to create KeiannaJohnson.com, one of the things I vowed to myself was that I was going to be 100% honest. No more hiding or burying the truth underneath the ground. Real healing lives inside the truth. The Truth. The roots of the soul live whether right or wrong. The roots of the soul can not grow if dirty lies continue to suffocate its growing process. Continue reading
Beyonce’ Pretty Hurts
Decoding This Song
WOW! The things we do to hurt ourselves to gain approval from others. When I first heard this song a few years ago, it really touched me deeply because I know what it is like to smile….smile….smile when people are around but once everyone was gone, there was a dark cloud of self-hate floating over my head. My Achilles heel was my body image and people-pleasing. Continue reading
Stand Your Ground & Fight For You.
Good Morning Everyone,
There was another post scheduled for you today, but I woke up this morning with something massive on my heart that I wanted to share with you.
Retraining people on how to treat you. Continue reading