Okay, let’s have an honest conversation. Many of us choose to remain neutral because it is much easier not to ruffle someone else feathers with our point of view. We sometimes believe that being silent will make an issue go away. However, being quiet does the complete opposite. Being silent often communicates that we do not have an opinion and that we are cool with what is happening to us and or around us. The issue never goes away when we are on the fence about sharing how we truly feel. Sometimes showing no active emotional involvement will allow a problem to keep growing until we put a stop to it by speaking up and sharing our thoughts.Continue reading
Free To Be My Authentic Self.Continue reading
Allowing Myself To Grow In My Truth.
Evolution: the gradual development of something, especially from a simple to a more complex form. ~Dictionary
synonyms: development, advancement, growth, rise, progress, expansion, unfolding
Sharing A Few Truthful Moments Of My Life.
1.) My husband and I have the same favorite colors; Earthtone colors. Our whole house is decorated in Earthtones.
2.) I am a social butterfly, but I love being alone. Being alone gives me time to be quiet. Actually, I enjoy traveling alone with my husband and kids….Sometimes I don’t like having someone else tag along with us. Continue reading
Telling The Truth. Not Every Day Is A Good Day.
Ah, the age of social media. The place where everyone is having fun in the sun. A place where there is no sadness……zero tears. Every perfect moment documented for all the world to see. A place where we are following the advice of all the amazing Maya Angelou quotes…..Following all the rules of getting money and being a boss. The land where every memory and life moment is perfect. Trust me I get it If the highlights of life aren’t viewed online than it didn’t happen. I understand the process because, for six years now, my life and business do live in a world of social media. I’ve been conditioned like everyone else only to share the happier parts. Continue reading
Slow down to ensure you are making wise choices concerning your life.
People seem more active today than ever before. They are always coming and going and if you find yourself in the “rat race,” it may feel like you never get time to slow down. It can be overwhelming, or even all-consuming. You have to stop, take stock of the situation, and choose to do things differently. Continue reading
Love yourself a little more. You deserve it!
Sometimes we are hardest on ourselves, trust me I know. Self-love is an immediate step to living healthy in body and mind. Many times, people make the mistake of putting all of their energy into loving and caring for others. Some suffer from “martyr syndrome” and neglect themselves by always putting others first. It’s critical to know that before you can be the best for others, you need to take care of yourself. Continue reading
Recognizing What Makes Me Happy Daily.
- I love time with my husband.
- I love shopping at Mom’s Organic Market to get my produce.
- I enjoy organizing my personal belongings like my desk and writing materials.
- I love books and journals. I have tons of books and journals.
- I love motivational quotes. A good quote keeps me centered, in particular on a bad day.
- I enjoy family outings with my hubby and kids.
- I love Coffee. I especially love drinking coffee out of inspirational quoted mugs.
- I love vibes of true sisterhood. Real girlfriends make life 10 times more meaningful.
- I love communicating with liked minded people. I love the community centered around Textured Hair. #TeamNatural.
- I enjoy quiet time alone. I often read books during this time.
- I love writing. I write everything down. I write to express my truth.
- I love Starbucks Chia Tea.
- I love shopping at Rue 21, H&M and Forever 21.
- I love Earthtone colors.
- I love being held at night before bed. Yes, I am a big baby.
- I love Oil of Olay Skin Products. My face is so smooth because of my daily regimen. Plus I use it because my Grandma Alice used it faithfully for years.
- I love music. Not many people know I can sing.
- I love Chicken. I literally could eat Chicken every night for dinner.
- I enjoy listening to life stories from the wise.
- I enjoy hanging out with my cousins. It is good to talk, laugh and let my hair down with those who know me best.
- I love helping other people. I know what it is like to struggle and I want to bring hope to the hopeless.
- I am enjoying my health journey. I want to be healthy and beautiful in my 40’s.
- I love Social Media. I have connected with some amazing people online.
Dearly, Beloved, I Pronounce These Actions DEAD!
So, if you haven’t noticed by now, music is my everything. As you can see, I listen to a variety of music. Sometimes when I don’t have the words to say, a song can articulate how I am feeling. Lately, I have been listening to T.I. Song Dead And Gone, from his Paper Trail Album Featuring Justin Timberlake. I’ve had this song playing on repeat for days. This song speaks of my current mood. The old me is dead and gone…..dead and gone. Continue reading
It’s My Time.
Kelly Price is a legend in the R&B Game. She was one of my favorite musical artists in the 90’s and early 2000. I remember like it was yesterday sitting on my momma front porch on a beautiful Spring day singing Kelly Price song “It’s Gonna Rain.” Oh, you couldn’t tell me I didn’t sound just like Kelly Price. Kelly has never lip sing to any of her songs during a live performance, and you would never catch her singing auto-tune vocals. Kelly Price is an actual singer. Continue reading